Friday, September 5, 2008

"Jesus Lives in My Heart"

We have a ritual in our house. Every night as we tuck Boston in bed, my husband and I put our hands on his chest and he lays his on top of ours. It's much like a team does before they break from a huddle. And it's exactly what we call it - "Hands In" we always say when it's time to say our night time prayers. Sometimes Daddy will pray and sometimes Mommy, but no matter who says the prayer, we always end it with ". . . and Jesus we just ask that you come live in Boston's heart one day, Amen!" We have done this little ritual for about a year now since he has been in his big boy bed.

The other night we added to this ritual by reading a bible story before he goes to bed. As we were reading David and Golaith, Boston looked up at us and stated "Jesus lives in my Heart!" I instantly had tears in my eyes and my heart was cheering and weeping at the same time. It was such a sweet genuine statement from a 3 year old. And such a sweet moment for us as parents, as we sometimes feel were not doing a good job. We told him that Jesus does live there and that he loved Boston very much. To that Boston responded "I know!" with a little tone as to say "Duh mom, that's yesterday's news!"

We still say our same prayer every night asking Jesus to come live in Boston's heart as for one day he will have to make that decision. As for that moment that I will never forget, is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard or witnessed!

2 comments:

kelly said...

I teared up a little. That's so sweet!!! He's precious. :)

aimeenky said...

Geez you made ME cry! That's so sweet. I love playing with him every week at Awana!